The Joint Action on ICT Awareness and Development (JACITAD), the umbrella body of ICT Journalism in Nigeria, has unveiled the Nigeria SIM Card Registration Status Report 2012 capturing the state of the Nigerian SIM registration project from the viewpoint of independent research into the operations of the programme as so far implemented by the Nigerian telecoms regulatory authority, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).
The survey is also expected to assess the credibility of the processes adopted and evaluate the roles and responsibilities of parties involved in the exercise.
The picture that emerges from this survey, of which the inference was primarily drawn on the SIM cards registration data submitted to Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) by its appointed front-end (Enrolment) partners and Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), revealed that seven network operators registered 80 per cent (78,647,422) of the SIMs, while the seven front-end partners engaged by NCC registered the remaining 20 per cent (22,831,253).
Nigeria SIM Card Registration Status Report 2012
June 18, 2012 By Leave a Comment